Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A month down and 10 lbs gone!!!

Wow, so I haven't blogged in a whole month!  I really thought I would be one of those people who would blog like 50x a day.  I created a secret FB group of all my friends I know who want to lose weight and so I update how things are going there.  After I wrote my frustrated post on Oct 2, I pondered "doing something" for a few more days and then jumped in slowly to following my Weight Watchers points, something that I had a membership too for months but never used.  The wake up call came when the scale said 285 for the first time in my life.  The first time ever.  I weighed 281 before giving birth to Chloe, but lost it immediately after having her. I started following Weight loss FB pages and felt more and more and more empowered! 

I have been following Weight Watcher points and using Myfitnesspal to track calories for 4 weeks now and the scale read 275.8 today and yesterday!  I have to bask in this, not because I am overly excited, but because I have stuck to something and lost weight!  I was down in the 250s in Jan-March, but gave up very easily.  I find myself looking back and wishing I had only stuck with it.  I could have very easily been 200 pounds by then and smaller than I have been in over 5 years!  But I can't think about that now.  For now, I am happy that I am losing and that I have found awesome support on Facebook.  My next goal is to consistently exercise, something that i haven't yet done.  I need to find something I love and something that keeps me going and motivated!  I have lots of different things like workout DVD's, Wii games, and I could of course walk!  I think once I start moving more I will get even more motivated!  I would like to be down a dress size by Christmas, if not 2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment